Andrew McCullough's Blog

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Shurtleff, Dylan and Barr

August 30, 2008

This morning's SL Trib reports on the operation (No. 7) that Mark Shurtleff, our current Attorney General, underwent yesterday to save his leg -- the only alternative, they say, to amputation. I want to say once again that, while I staunchly oppose many of the policies of his office, I like Mark, and I enjoy being around him. One of his assistant's once told me that he didn't have much of a sense of humor. That just isn't true. You can even see it in this time of crisis. He is actually a pretty funny guy. And, while I hope he is not re-elected, my best wishes and prayers are with him for a complete recovery. Hope to see you around, Mark, and in good spirits.

Bob Dylan is coming to Utah tomorrow for a concert. It is outside, and the weather may not cooperate. but this is a man who inspired several generations to make the world a better place. And in terms of the message I am preaching (while not exactly what he would preach, I think), here is an excerpt from the song "A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall" that inspires me to do my best at it:

And I'll tell it and think it and speak and breathe it,
And reflect from the mountain so all souls can see it,
And I'll stand on the ocean until I start sinking,
But I'll know my song well before I start singing,

Thanks, Bob for the inspiration.

And, finally, I got an e-mail from somebody who thought the Republican VP nominee will be more libertarian than most, and seemed pleased. I am not pleased with anything the Republicans do. They have spent 8 years destroying our freedoms, and we should give them what they deserve, a real thrashing. Vote for Bob Barr for President, and see his website for ways to help. Please see also updates this weekend on the www.lputah.org website. AND, watch for the major overhaul of my campaign website, coming sometime over the next week at www.andy4ag.com What I have seen of it is quite wonderful. Oh, and the campaign (and party) now has a real working phone number: 801 565-1988. Call and volunteer to help.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was driving north on I-15 this afternoon, and I saw a red Mustang with a McCullough for AG bumper sticker. I thought to myself "wow, there really are people who are going to vote for McCullough."

    As I was passing the Mustang, I noticed the driver was none other than McCullough himself.

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Andrew McCullough said…

    Well, that's one vote. And there's still 64 days until election day. Who know what may happen by then!

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Read "Sarah Palin as a Stalking Horse" by Stephen W. Carson.

    It pretty much sums up why libertarians should reject a McCain/Palin ticket.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Politics blogs blog search directory Politics Top Blogs