Andrew McCullough's Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A note on the Olympics.

August 20, 2008

I have tried to watch as much of the Olympics as I can over the last 10 days or so. And since I am a season ticket holder at the University of Utah gymnastics, I tried to watch those events. Last night our little American gymnastics hero, Shawn Johnson, finally won her gold medal on the balance beam. And during her interview afterwards, she warmed my heart by her very quiet political statement, which consisted of wearing "peace symbol" earrings. Nobody mentioned them, but as someone who opposes Mr. Bush's war and all the infringements on civil liberties which have come with it, I was indeed very proud of this American gold medal winner. Way to go, girl!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Obi wan liberali said…

    I noticed that as well, as did my wife (who is more liberal than I am). Good catch Andrew.

    Best regards.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Politics blogs blog search directory Politics Top Blogs