Andrew McCullough's Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another "family values" champion bites the dust

July 28, 2009

I was getting ready to go home tonight when I came across a great AP article that I just had to comment on. Tennessee State Senator Paul Stanley has just resigned after an affair with a 22 year old intern. Senator Stanley has a wife and two children and voted against funding for Planned Parenthood because "unmarried people should not have sex."

"'Whatever I stood for and advocated, I still believe to be true.' he said during an interview Tuesday with Memphis radio stations WREC-AM. 'And just because I fell far short of what God'; standard was for me and my wife, doesn't mean that standard is reduced in the least bit.'"

The Republican Party sets itself up as an organization of those who are just more "righteous" than others, and that facade has crumbled so fast lately that it makes one dizzy. We Libertarian do not make a practice of claiming that we are better than others, so it just isn't interesting when one of us has an affair. Perhaps it is time for the Republicans to come down off their pedestal and admit that the moral high road is not exclusively theirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Politics blogs blog search directory Politics Top Blogs