Andrew McCullough's Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

News and politics

May 19, 2010

Wow, it has been a while since I blogged here; and I do not have a good excuse. I have, however, been busy. Today I put the finishing touches on a request to the U.S. Supreme Court to review a decision of the Utah Supreme Court on Utah's "sin tax". I recently filed an appeal with the New York Appellate Division over a similar tax issue there. Everybody wants to tax sin; and then the "family values" crowd sneaks around and hopes not to get caught. (Another Republican "family values" champion, Congressman Souder of Indiana, resigned this week after disclosing an affair with a staff member). Always lots to do; and I have got to start putting together a campaign for Governor as well. I have no chance of being bored in the near future.

In perhaps the first real shot of my campaign, I was interviewed recently by the Salt City Weekly newspaper, about politics. What was published today has some inaccuracies (I am still a member of the LDS Church, though not active; I went to BYU as an undergrad, not for law school; I do not own a denim shirt; Candy is not "left over -- she was a gift from Doctor John; and I would NEVER refer to my clients as "strippers", "prostitutes" or "johns" -- they are adult entertainers). But, all in all, it is pretty good at capturing who I am; and it will certainly introduce me as a candidate to many who had no idea I was running. http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/print-article-11244-print.html#

The first poll of the year, a few weeks ago, had my support pegged at 1%; but in that same poll, a full 15% could not identify the current Governor of Utah. So, lots to do; but it is always a lot of fun. Another chance to "stick it to the man". Join me in my efforts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Politics blogs blog search directory Politics Top Blogs